Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Alucard : (23 February 2017 - 07:42 AM) gg wifi users
@  Jacque : (23 February 2017 - 07:42 AM) @Pretty Ugly It's smooth to me, Malaysia as well.
@  Pretty Ugly : (23 February 2017 - 07:13 AM) GEGE LAG IS REAL :X
@  Mhae : (23 February 2017 - 06:45 AM) @Jacque Will you revamp the force skill of hero too ? Thnx
@  kenkenkenz : (23 February 2017 - 06:28 AM) Am i the only one lag?
@  Jacque : (23 February 2017 - 03:03 AM) @toebill relog n try again
@  toebill : (23 February 2017 - 01:18 AM) why i cant create ring of str/dex/int?? my ingrid is complete but its keep says u miss 1 quest requirement?
@  cloud : (22 February 2017 - 04:03 PM) any updated guide for gunslinger that wont miss with desperado?
@  Rigster : (22 February 2017 - 02:47 PM) do we have a discord group ?
@  zero : (22 February 2017 - 01:23 PM) it's the guardian's lower HG ._. i won't use it then =_=
@  zero : (22 February 2017 - 01:05 PM) where can i read the path-restriction item list?
@  Alucard : (22 February 2017 - 01:04 PM) if gab has odin pinnacle box then odin == ele resist else if == supremacy
@  Alucard : (22 February 2017 - 01:03 PM) ohhh great odin
@  Alucard : (22 February 2017 - 11:05 AM) OHHHHH GREAT ODIN. Please Gift me the 5% ele resist pinnacle .
@  Alucard : (22 February 2017 - 10:03 AM) depends , usually the ks start when black moon is activated, if its not on you can kill anything without anyone ksing it
@  kenkenkenz : (22 February 2017 - 09:16 AM) Because its hard to summon mobs then it will just get KS by others
@  kenkenkenz : (22 February 2017 - 09:07 AM) Can we make the portal closed once custom mvp is summmoned? Can?
@  Jacque : (22 February 2017 - 08:37 AM) @zero Path restriction items
@  zero : (22 February 2017 - 08:34 AM) why is my char is slow now? it's not this slow before
@  Alucard : (22 February 2017 - 01:49 AM) you need high hit or seeking items
@  cloud : (22 February 2017 - 01:38 AM) im using gunslinger btw
@  cloud : (22 February 2017 - 01:25 AM) why does im missing at soul taker when my critical is at 363?? :o
@  zero : (22 February 2017 - 12:50 AM) ah, so we need to use collector's wing then? okay ._.)
@  Jacque : (21 February 2017 - 11:56 PM) @zero This to promote the use of the "Collector" Path.
@  zero : (21 February 2017 - 02:07 PM) we can't use bapho card in ecldun again ? ._.
@  Rigster : (21 February 2017 - 05:41 AM) -lurks
@  Pretty Ugly : (21 February 2017 - 02:58 AM) @zero Try using pinggzapper for low ping and smooth. im use it wise
@  Kira : (20 February 2017 - 04:33 PM) @cloud [NR] kill + [FF] kill + pinnacle to move on to chapter 3, the general won't talk to you until you finish chapter 4
@  IIIXXIII : (20 February 2017 - 04:07 PM) disable cloaking pls in duelist
@  cloud : (20 February 2017 - 04:03 PM) hi i killed firefox and it warp me to general place, but when i click the general there is no response anyone?

Photo

"The Duelist" - PvP Redefined

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jacque

Jacque

Administrator

• Owner
  • 891 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:06 AM

Dear ExperienceRO,

So I've launched "The Duelist" into beta testing today even though I've tested it myself endless times on the offline server, I believe there might still be areas to fix and/or improve on. Either way, "The Duelist" will be "THE THING" when it's tested stable and stuff, also only then I'll be implementing "The Duelist" currency namely the Duelist Coins.

1. INTRODUCTION

I've heard many times players getting back to me "It's not fair!", "Ganging", etc. in ANY PvP Environment. I myself love Trading Card Games (TCGs) well uh thanks to my fiancee, and we did participate in these TCG tournaments. It's a grand thing I tell you, and card players (hundreds of them) are being paired up and they fight fairly. Well, I brought that idea into ExperienceRO.

I told you before that I actually hired someone experienced to write us this feature, however, what he did wasn't really what I wanted in mind simply because, if you have a group of let's say 14 players paired in the event, 7 matches total since they are all paired up, 1 match at a time, given that a match might take up to 1.5 minutes, it's just too long for the others to wait for Round 1 to complete only then the winners from Round 1 advancing to Round 2. I wanted a minimal frustration environment so that players are ready to compete without anything else affecting their morale etc. I also wanted a tournament that gives a "live update" on what's happening inside the event so those outside - A little like Hunger Games here... hehehe.

So yes, I got the script from this guy, didn't like it, and because I really really REALLY want the best for the server (you know this is true), I took it up upon myself and I wrote the whole tournament script. After one month spent on researching and scripting, then followed by a few more weeks of intensive testing and improving, I actually tested most of the scenarios I could think of, and I applied to the Core script progressively. It expanded and grew hahaha... like... wow.

I'm happy to present you "The Duelist".

2. SPECIFICATION

"The Duelist" is a single elimination-based tournament PvP event. This, the design of "The Duelist"

• Feature Name: "The Duelist"
  • Registration: Free @ moonhaven (Events area, right side of moonhaven)
  • Frequency: Once a week, Sunday, 11:00 pm (+8 GMT or Server Time, or manually triggered)
  • Max Players: 32 (16 pairs)
  • Waiting Room: 1 (for Briefing and Rest intervals)
  • Arenas: 16 (based on 1@ge_st)

3. TIMERS

• Briefing (after Registration closes): 20 seconds
  • Pairing & Checking: 10 seconds
  • Per-Round: 90 seconds (fixed timer to wait for others to finish their matches)
  • Rest Time: 60 seconds

4. STAGES

1. Registration
  2. Briefing
  3. Pairing & Checking (if two participants left, jump to Stage 6)
  4. Match
  5. Rest (repeats Stage 3
  6. Championship
  7. End

5. MECHANICS

1. "The Duelist" checks your MAC Address if there's a duplicate on the list.
  2. Participants will be paired. Each pair will be on an Arena; meaning if there are two pairs, Arena 1 and Arena 2 will be used.
  3. Odd pairing will get a "Bye" and advances to the next round.
  4. Winner of the Round advances to the next round.
  5. After 90 seconds elapsed, and if there are no winners will result to a "Draw". They advance to the next round.
  6. If any participant logs out, he/she will be disqualified (too bad if you got disconnected. Blame your ISP) and removed from the list.
  7. Should an opponent logs off after pairing is done, the remaining pair will get a "Bye" and advances to the next round.

6. REWARDS

THE DUELIST (SUNDAY)

• 1x Gold Duelist Coin
  • 3x Bronze Duelist Coins
  • 10x PvP Tokens
  • 50x Event Tokens
  • 7x Platinum Coin 100 Boxes
  • 3x Bloody Branch 10 Boxes
  • 3x Grade 5 Gemstones (Random)

THE DUELIST (NORMAL)

• 7x Bronze Duelist Coins
  • 5x PvP Tokens
  • 25x Event Tokens
  • 3x Platinum Coin 100 Boxes
  • 1x Bloody Branch 10 Box
  • 1x Grade 5 Gemstone (Random)

1ST RUNNER-UP (SUNDAY)

• 1x Silver Duelist Coin
  • 2x Bronze Duelist Coins
  • 5x PvP Tokens
  • 20x Event Tokens
  • 3x Platinum Coin 100 Boxes
  • 1x Bloody Branch 10 Box
  • 1x Grade 5 Gemstone (Random)

1ST RUNNER-UP (NORMAL)

• 3x Bronze Duelist Coins
  • 2x PvP Tokens
  • 10x Event Tokens
  • 1x Platinum Coin 100 Box
  • 1x Bloody Branch 10 Box

ROUND WINNER (EVERYDAY)

• 1x Bronze Duelist Coin
  • 2x PvP Tokens
  • 7x Event Tokens
  • 1x Platinum Coin 100 Box
  • 1x Bloody Branch 10 Box
  • 1x Grade 3 Gemstone (Random)

CONSOLATION

• 3x Event Tokens
  • 3x Platinum Coin 10 Boxes

BONUS (20161109 Update)

Participants get a chance to get a random reward with every Kill. The random reward could be like a Grade 2 Gemstone, Grade 5 Gemstone, ExperienceRO Currencies, +20 Refine Armor Deed, etc.

So yea... It's thorough... I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I did!

<3 Jac

DONATE TO EXPERIENCE RAGNAROK ONLINE

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

For more information (or Western Union): http://www.experienc...-how-to-donate/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users